RESTORE HEALTH AND NATURAL BEAUTY TO YOUR SMILE
If you have tooth decay, require a dental crown, or have a “gummy” smile, you may need to undergo crown lengthening. Like the name suggests, crown lengthening extends the height of the natural tooth by removing and reshaping the gum tissue and bone around it. Crown lengthening describes either a functional or aesthetic treatment to restore the health and natural beauty of one or more teeth. Crown lengthening in Venice, FL, is a minor surgical procedure and our treatment is oftentimes completed with minimally invasive dental lasers, in addition to the traditional method with a scalpel. For most patients, only a local anesthetic is needed for this procedure, though we offer multiple forms of sedation to assure your total comfort.
- FUNCTIONAL CROWN LENGTHENING: Gum tissue that covers too much of the tooth crown can increase the risk for plaque and tartar to build up, causing inflammation or decay. Functional crown lengthening exposes more of the tooth to reach decay or fracture beneath the gumline. Along with recontouring the gums, underlying bone may be reshaped as well. Exposing more of the tooth creates enough space for a custom dental crown or eliminate the gum tissue so teeth are easier to clean.
- AESTHETIC CROWN LENGTHENING: A “gummy” smile means that there is excessive gum tissue covering the teeth that creates an unsightly imbalance of proportion when smiling. Aesthetic crown lengthening corrects a “gummy” smile by removing the extra gum tissue and contouring the gumline to arch more symmetrically around the teeth. Creating a more harmonious tooth-to-gum ratio greatly improves the proportion between the teeth and gums for a more attractive smile.
THE BENEFITS OF LASER CROWN LENGTHENING IN VENICE, FL
- Less discomfort. Dental lasers cauterize the gum tissue, helping to prevent excessive bleeding, swelling, and discomfort after the procedure.
- Faster treatment. Dental lasers can treat multiple areas in a single appointment, helping you spend less time and money on your treatment.
- Shorter recovery. Dental lasers are minimally invasive and do not require incision or sutures, helping you quickly return to daily activities.